We have another exciting edition of the The GalvestonWestender Newsletter.
In addition to interesting articles and pictures, it includes many links to relevant websites.
Articles in this issue include:
• “Oceans of Opportunity Job Fair to be held February 28, 2012” by U.S. Congressman Ron Paul
• “Water, Our Dwindling Resource” by State Representative Craig Eiland
• “Update on Galveston County” by County Judge Mark Henry
• “The Voting Rights Act Affects You!” by Cheryl Johnson, RTA Galveston Tax Collector-Assessor and Voter Registrar.
• “Mardi Gras! Galveston” by Peggy Zahler, Editor, The Galveston Westender
• “Construction projects continue at UTMB” by UTMB Office of Public Affairs
• “I Will Be Heard” by Deaun Dorise, 8th Grade Student, Odyssey Academy, Galveston
• “School!” by Lizette Sotto, 8th Grade Student, Odyssey Academy, Galveston
• “Political Signs Are Allowed” by Susan Gonzales, CKM Property Management, Inc.
• “The City of Galveston Erosion Response Plan” by Libby Stone, Coastal Development Planner, Department of Planning and Community Development, City of Galveston
• “Public Outreach Meetings for The Houston Galveston Regional Plan for Sustainable Development” by Lori Feild Schwarz, AICP, Assistant Director of Planning and Special Projects/HPO, Department of Planning and Community Development, City of Galveston, TX
• “Your Galveston Getaway” by Claire Reiswerg, Sand `N Sea Properties
• “The Real Estate Report: A Little Bit of Effort Now Can Pay Off” by Kelly Kelley, Broker Associate, Prudential Gary Green, Realtors
• “The Galveston Rodeos” by Dr. Tom Linton, Galveston Resident and Scrivener
• “Purple Martins Soon to Return to Galveston” by Jim Stevenson, Editor of Gulls ‘n Herons Magazine and Director of the Galveston Ornithological Society
• “Texas Watershed Steward Program” by Galen Roberts, Program Specialist, Texas AgriLife Extension Service
• “Oldest Subdivision on the West End of Galveston” by Susan Gonzales, CKM Property Management, Inc.
• “Changing Seasons Makes For Good Fishing” by Captain Mike Cacciotti of Mike Fishing Service
• “Controlled Burns Help the Galveston State Park’s Ecosystem” by Trey Goodman, Park Superintendent
• “WGIPOA Meetings in Review”
Mark you Calenders for Upcoming Events of Interest:
• Feb 10-21 Mardi Gras Galveston
• Feb 18 WGIPOA Meeting – John Anderson and Tom Linton (9am Galveston Country Club)
• Feb 22 Watershed Training (8am LaMarque)
• Feb 28 Oceans of Opportunity Job Fair (9am Galveston Convention Center)
• Mar 10-11 Home & Garden Show
• Mar 17 WGIPOA Meeting – City of Galveston New Permit Process (9am Galveston Country Club)
• Apr 1 Memorial Hermann Ironman 70.3
• Apr 21 WGIPOA Meeting – Mayoral and District 6 Council Candidate Forum (9am Galveston Country Club)
If you are not already receiving the newsletter via email directly, please sign up on the website http://www.galvestonwestender.com/
We do not distribute your email information to solicitors.
The GalvestonWestender Staff