We have another exciting edition of the The GalvestonWestender Newsletter.
In addition to interesting articles and pictures, it includes many links to relevant websites.
Articles in this issue include:
• “State of Galveston” by County Judge Mark Henry
• “Government Belongs to Those Who Show Up” by Cheryl Johnson , RTA Galveston Tax Collector-Assessor. Cheryl’s update also includes a summary of the ten propositions that will appear on the November 8th ballot.
• “Student Participation in the Galveston WestEnder©” including “The Difference Between Charter and Public Schools” by By Maya Johnson and “Ambassadors Preparatory Academy in Quest of Excellence” by Jeffrey Kohler. Both are students of Ambassadors Preparatory Academy
• “It Does Matter And So Do You!” by Henry Porretto, Chief of Police
• “Red Tail Hawks: Royalty of the Air” by By Jim Stevenson, Director, Galveston Ornithological Society
• “Galveston…Not Your Typical Cow Town” by By Dr. Tom Linton, Marine Sciences, Texas A&M University at Galveston
• “Fall Fishing is Still Great!” by Captain Mike Cacciotti of Mike Fishing Service
• “Local Business Spotlight: Get to Know Silverleaf Resorts, Inc.”
• “John Lee Jr: County Natural Resource Coordinator Retiring” by By Peggy Zahler, Editor, The Galveston Westender
• “The Real Estate Report: Has The Real Estate Market on Galveston’s West End Hit Bottom?” by Kelly Kelley, Broker Associate, Prudential Gary Green, Realtors
• “Galveston Island Beach Patrol and the West End” by Peter Davis, Chief, Galveston Island Beach Patrol/Park Board Police Department
• “Galveston County Crime Stoppers” by By Louis Trochesset, Galveston Count Sheriff’s Office – Crime Stoppers
• “What is the Present Status of Windstorm Insurance Availability?” by Otie Zapp, Chairman, Galveston Windstorm Action Committee, Inc.
• “Elevation of FM 3005” by Elevation of FM 3005 by Jerry Mohn, President, West Galveston Island Property Owners Association (WGIPOA)
• “Property Owners Association — Summary of 2011 Reform Laws” by Susan L. Gonzales, President CKM Property Management
• “3rd Quarter 2011 WGIPOA Meetings in Review”
Mark you Calenders for Upcoming Events of Interest:
• Nov 3-6 – Lone Star Motorcycle Rally (Strand, Galveston)
• Nov 19 9am – Thomas Muehlenbeck, Interim City Manager, Galveston (Galveston Country Club)
• Dec 17 9am – Craig Eiland, Representative, State Legislature (Galveston Country Club)
• Jan 21 9am – Larry Taylor, Representative, State Legislature (Galveston Country Club)
If you are not already receiving the newsletter via email directly, please sign up on the website http://www.galvestonwestender.com/
We do not distribute your email information to solicitors.
The GalvestonWestender Staff